Coffee, croissants and Office 365. What more could you want?
A few months ago, our good friends over at Sharing Minds approached us about holding an information session about Office 365 and SharePoint to educate our clients about the benefits of using software that can make day-to-day business life easier for them and their employees.
So last week at Microsoft HQ in Brisbane, attendees settled into their seats with a coffee in one hand and a croissant in the other to listen to Ben and Adam share their experiences and recommendations about working with Office 365 and SharePoint.
The focus of this session was to help people who are using Office 365 and SharePoint use the features that they may not have yet discovered and to encourage non-users to join the bandwagon to better develop their business.
Adam Clark (founder of Sharing Minds) shared his wealth of knowledge and insight into really high-level features that SharePoint has to offer.
Ben shared some great user case studies from a couple of our clients who are using this software and how easy it is to implement into any business. We've got Ben's notes below for your reading pleasure!
Microsoft Office 365 is a high level brand that covers an ever-expanding range of Software Products and Cloud Services.
Expected active Office 365 users will exceed the 100 million mark in early 2017.
The top two features driving Office 365 adoption are Exchange Online and Desktop Licensing. But if that’s as far as you go, you’re missing out on a lot of cool stuff that’s already in the box. Here are some of the newer features of Office 365 that you may not know about.
Archiving, Legal Hold & eDiscovery
- Office 365 mailbox size limits are BIG at 50gb
- Previously had to use 3rd party products
- Policies can be entire mailbox or query-based
- eDiscovery and Advanced eDiscovery features
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) specialising in building leadership and communication in business
- Previously had Exchange in-house with a separate dedicated email archival system
- Migrated Exchange to Office 365 and enabled Legal Hold
Video Conferencing & Cloud PBX
- Skype for Business
- Instant messaging
- Video calling – 1:1 and conference calling
- Webinars & Screen-sharing
- Cloud PBX
- People in Brisbane, Moura, Darwin and New Zealand
- Moved email to Exchange Online
- Adopted Skype for Business to enable easier more effective communication
- Aiming to replace legacy phone systems
Cloud Sharing & Real-time Co-Authoring
- Desktop Licenses to install Word, Excel and so on
- Cloud Sharing
- Co-authoring, which can actually be done simultaneously on the same document!
Secure & Private Video Library
- Secure video storage & management
- Magic stuff to stream video to different
devices in the optimum format
- Ideal for an internal training library
If you'd like to know more about Office 365, don't hesitate to get in contact with us at Grassroots IT to find out more. Sharing Minds are experts on Sharepoint (as well as other products, such as Power BI) and would love to assist your business in making the most of it. You can contact them here.