Last month we successfully held our Outlook 2016 Productivity Hacks webinar. The webinar was designed to help everyday users of Outlook 2016 expand upon basic skills and use Outlook more efficiently. The webinar expanded on our previous blog post Getting the most from Microsoft Office 365.
We have provided you with a link to replay our webinar. Enjoy!
- chedule a Skype Meeting through Outlook
- “Meeting Options” button lets you fine tune your meeting
- Auto Responders are a powerful way of keeping others informed when you won’t be responding to email as usual
- Rules – EG: forward specific emails to a co-worked for action in your absence
Outlook Rules and Automation can do some amazing stuff to help streamline and automate parts of your workflow
- Basic rules can move emails between folders based on simple criteria
- More advanced rules can be triggered by a wide range of conditions
- Once triggered a rule can execute a number of actions
- Define any exceptions to the rule
Idea:- Play the Darth Vader theme song when you receive an email from your boss
Idea:- Print all attachments from an email then file the email automatically
- The new way of adding attachments to an email automatically shows the last few documents that you have worked with
- Quick Steps can provide a super useful way of executing frequently used actions, such as moving an email to another folder
- Helps you filter low-priority email, saving time for your most important messages.
- The email server keeps track of the email you read and the ones you don't.
- Once you turn it on, Clutter is automatic. As new email comes in, it takes messages you're most likely to ignore and puts them into the "Clutter" folder.
- The more you use it, the better it gets.
- If you find Clutter isn't for you, you can turn it off.
- The new and improved Outlook app unifies your email, calendars, cloud storage and contacts, so it's easier to get things done.
- Outlook Mobile App has long provided similar functionality to clutter, although here it’s called your Focused Inbox.
- Manage emails with simple swipe gestures and share availability with your contacts effortlessly on the new Outlook app.
- Email signatures will not be copied over, but you can create your own text signature.
- Filter your inbox by unread emails, important emails or even create your own filter
- Add a contact to an existing meeting without notifying the current attendees.
- Quick Parts for standardised blocks of text
- New Email > Highlight Text > Insert > Quick Parts > Save Selection to Gallery
- Schedule emails to be sent when it is convenient for you
- Will show emails that match a certain criteria that you have specified
- Will show emails in all your folders not just your inbox
- Right-click task bar to create new email, appointment, etc
- View > View Settings > Conditional Formatting
- Apply conditional formatting to emails in your inbox
- Useful for VIP, Projects, etc
- New Email will appear simply but hitting Control-V and pasting the content from your clipboard.
- This works for new Calendar items
- Turn off desktop notifications, then on for VIP using a Rule
- Email Templates. File > Save As > Outlook Template
- Pin folders to 'Favorites'
- Create appointment date using natural language. eg: Next Monday
For further information on setting an appointment in Outlook read our blog Sending the perfect Outlook Meeting Invite.